Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall is Coming!

Hello!
Being a Midwest girl it's about this time of year that I get that feeling.....it's hard to describe but it's a longing for cool weather and warm drinks. It's a desire to take a long walk in the woods and to enjoy all the colors mother nature has on display. It's a love of the smell of fallen leaves and memory of all the fun that fall used to bring with jumping in the leaves and the making of Halloween costumes.

By the time you're reading this Jacob and I are back home in Ohio visiting family and *hopefully* enjoying a bit of cooler weather. There are several things I dislike about living in S Florida and missing out on scenes like above is just one of them.
So here is a post about all the things I love about fall!

1. Leaves and changing trees is probably at the top of the list.
2. Pumpkin Lattes

3. Pumpkins-I love carving them, decorating with them, eating their seeds


4. I love fall clothes. Shopping in August for my new school clothes was always one of my favorite things to do as I looked forward to the new school year. I love jeans, sweaters, and boots and the fact you don't have to wear a heavy coat just yet!

5. I love the transition from air conditioning to leaving the windows open. Love it!

What are your favorite things about fall?

Emily


2 comments

  1. You are SO right...there is just nothing like it! Crisp air, jeans/sweater/boots, beautiful changing ourtdoors all around, pumpkin spice late in hand...AND watching FOOTBALL :o)

    by the way...VERY jealous of you right now :o) ENJOY your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! I know you miss the Midwest fall too!

    ReplyDelete

previous next