Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Idea Boards

Good morning!

Are you feeling stuck as you try to pull the finishing touches together in a room? Do you have a blank slate and don't know how to move forward as far as purchasing furniture and decor?

Here is a recent board I pulled together for a friend. She is in need of inspiration for her bedroom and currently besides a bed, a small night stand, and a dresser she wants to paint, she has a desk from IKEA in the corner. The feel she wants to accomplish in her bedroom is a vintage/contemporary combination.

She also has one wall that she wants to paint so I suggested a gray/silver wall stencil combo. The green/purple fabric is for curtains and from Calico Corners and the bedding is from West Elm. I also think a photo collage mixed with art pieces and pictures across from the stenciled wall will create a nice balance.
The other option comes from a color she suggested, coral. The bedding again is from West Elm and the curtain fabric is from Joann Fabric. Since I am actually going to Ohio to help her pull the room together (and paint the stencil wall----can't wait to post a tutorial for you all) I didn't add art for the other wall. One idea I had in order to save money was to frame some coordinating fabric and that is something we can do as a final step to tie it all together.
My friend chose the 2nd board and we are in the planning stages of pulling her room together now.

Let me help you by putting together an idea board to inspire you and help you get started. I offer basic idea boards, which are great for inspiration and more intricate boards, which detail your plan of attack.

Contact me for more information at emilyanninteriors@gmail.com!

Emily

3 comments

previous next