Monday, February 24, 2014

Big Girl Room

I have finally gotten around to finishing up and taking pictures of M's big girl room.  To see her nursery and to get a feel for how the room has evolved click here.  With baby boy arriving in just over a month we transitioned M to a bed just before Christmas and I have been working on the details ever since.


We switched the bed to the opposite wall, which wasn't my first choice but it was the only configuration that would work with the bed we already owned.



New bedding, curtains, a dresser, and a hand-me-down rocking chair are really the main new pieces to the room.



Since baby is a boy we decided to keep the butterfly mobile in M's room.  I added a few more in the far corner, which I simply cut out and hot glued to the wall.  Nothing fancy but it works!


The rocking chair is a gift from M's Nana and has been in her family for quite some time.  We still need to finish it and I'm trying to decide if I will paint it or just stain it.  A simple cork board covered in fabric fills the wall above her chair and she loves looking at the pictures of her cousins and artwork!



M loves her room as do I and I'm happy to have it finished before baby boy arrives! :)

4 comments

  1. It's so cute - I especially love the bedding (my little one would love the horses) and the rocking chair. She's a lucky lady! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to call this MY room :) It's such a sweet, happy place. Lucky M!!

    ReplyDelete

previous next