Monday, August 8, 2011

Confessions

Hi there!

I have a few confessions to make.

It seems in blogland you either love or seriously dislike (I hate the word hate) Young House Love. I have to admit I'm generally not a fan. However, every now and then they post something that I really like, which is why they are still in my reader.

I confess that I love what they did to their daughter's closet. That's right, I said closet.

You see growing up I dreamed that I had a little room off of my closet that I could go into and read. I'm not sure why but I always wanted a secret room. Well, this kinda reminds me of it and I think it's adorable. I wish we could do this in M's closet but it's simply not big enough.

I did start stenciling her closet this spring but it was a ton of work and the paint I was using was too light. Maybe I'll try again one of these days because I think it's a fun idea.


Another confession from someone that loves all things decorating. I can't stand to hang things. Unless it is a one nail kind of a job, I make Jacob do it. The good news is that he usually doesn't mind and he's really good at it. I just hate figuring out the measurements and I usually end up with more than one hole in the wall. It really is something I need to get over.



Another confession: I have a picture frame problem.

I drive Jacob nuts because I have about a million frames in a closet upstairs that I have bought or been given over the years. Yet I often still want to buy a new one. I think they are like shoes for me...... I may have 5 pairs of black dress shoes but I never have the style that I want to go with the new dress I just bought. ;)

I try to use the ones we have but some of them aren't my style anymore. I should really just give a bunch to Goodwill and be done with it.


Alright, that is all I can think of right now. Do you have any decorating confessions?


Emily

2 comments

  1. I do have decorating confessions... like you are with picture frames, I am obsessed with jars and vases. I have way. too. many!

    Another confession of mine is I can be so impatient that I just rush through something. If it is super multi-step process, I get bored and end up frustrated. Woops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, I have a lot of vases too. I can definitely be impatient too!

    ReplyDelete

previous next