Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Buffalo Shrimp Tacos

Hi all!

When I came across this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to make it because Jacob loves Frank's. However, I don't eat chicken so I adapted it to shrimp and it's delicious!


Ingredients:

⅓ cup flour
3 tablespoon cornstarch
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce (Frank’s Buffalo Wing) , plus extra for garnishment
1 Tablespoon olive oil
10 6-inch yellow corn tortillas

Toppings:

Shredded butter or Iceberg Lettuce
Cilantro
Green onions



I also have been following this recipe in making my own hard shelled tacos. I tried this recipe with the shells soft and it's much better with a crunch. Simply take 6-10 corn tortillas and wrap them in a wet paper towel and microwave them for 30 seconds. Then spray both sides with Pam and drape in the oven like shown below. Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes until crispy!


Dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture and cook over medium heat with oil a few minutes on each side until pink. Then add to bowl and toss with the Frank's until coated.


Top with lettuce, cilantro and green onions....at least that is what we do! It would be yummy with avocado and ranch dressing too!



Yum!


Emily

Post a Comment

previous next