Friday, June 4, 2010

Let's Help the Animals


Hi all!

I had a different post planned for today but I was inspired by Ms. Hark at Not Just Another Blonde in Beijing. She has a wonderful post about the oil spill and the effect it is having on our ecosystems as well as the economy but she mostly focuses on the animals.

Those of you that know me know that I am a huge animal lover. I have had a pet since I was 4 years old and I grew up wanting to save every stray. Jacob and I now have 2 kitties and 2 doggies, which is plenty for now! Don't worry we have plans and names picked out for more once we move into a house with a big back yard. ;)

I would love to encourage each of you to make a contribution to help the animals of the oil spill. Even $5 will help make a difference! If animals aren't your thing then please find another organization you would like to help.

Don't worry, I won't make preaching at you all a habit, it's just something I think we owe our earth to be concerned about.

Click here to donate to the National Wildlife Federation and their efforts to help in the cleanup and rescuing of so many species of wildlife.

"Please donate today to help protect the over 400 species of treasured wildlife that stand to lose so much from this devastating tragedy. Your support will go right to work protecting wildlife and wild places impacted by the BP oil spill disaster." -NWF website

Thank you for your help!

Emily


Post a Comment

previous next