My mother in law is here visiting so my week is going to be filled with going to the beach and pool, taking naps, and cooking yummy food. Not.too.bad! :) I have been browsing wallpaper for a client this last week and I have to say that it has come a long way from country scenes and 80's designs. I think a dove gray damask is the route we will end up taking for her dining room. I will definitely be posting before and after pics!
In the meantime, I thought I would share some pics of wallpaper I am loving. I found the following at Sherwin Williams and they are most all $45 for 2 rolls (with a 2 roll minimum) with the exception of the grasscloth, which is $75 for 2 rolls. They have a design center where you can search by color found here.
I love this for a dining room or living room
This is a good example of how great wallpaper can look!
Grasscloth is a good way to add texture to any room
I want this for a powder room! What do you think? Will you be using wallpaper in your home?
I thought I would browse my local craigslist and show you a few gems I have turned up. Maybe this will inspire you to take a look at the one in your area and see what you can find!
I love these 2 wing back chairs and they are only $100 for the pair. I would probably try to get them for $75. FYI it takes about 7 yards of fabric to recover or reupholster your typical wing back unless you're doing a skirt and then it's 8. Why would you cover the legs though? That's my question. :)
I would snatch these up and reupholster them in a modern fabric or a plain fabric with nailhead trim!
I love the idea of painting this trunk a high gloss black leaving the hinges gold, of course. This was listed for $90 but I would try to get it for $60-70. I think this would work perfectly as a coffee table plus it has storage for blankets and throws! This is a classic king size sleigh headboard. I don't think you can go wrong with a piece like this! This was listed for $100 but I would offer $75 and go from there. Great deal!! I love, love, love a pedestal table! This table comes with 1 extra leaf and it is also a drop leaf table (which you can see in the picture). This little guy goes for $40, which is an amazing deal. I would love to see it painted white or a funky coral or yellow with white or mismatched chairs. I hope maybe I have inspired someone to look at your local craigslist in a different light. I have bought several pieces of furniture off of craigslist. Have you?
Happy Friday! Today is another Frugal Friday over at the Shabby Nest. Last week my project was silhouettes of my two pooches and this week it's painting again.....kinda. This week I'm going to do a little project to showcase how a little paint can go a long way!
I purchased this chair for a client for $1 at a local thrift store. I didn't love the legs on it but I thought for a buck I would see how it turned out.
This was my first experience using Rustoleum's ultra cover spray paint and I will definitely use it again! I sanded and cleaned the chair and then applied a few coats of spray paint. I actually only ended up needing one can of spray paint for the whole chair.
Here's a close up of the distressing.
I think for a $1 chair and a $4 can of spray paint it turned out pretty well! Oliver seems to like it! :)
I just got the new West Elm catalog and there are several things I love. I thought rather than buying them and spending a lot of money, not to mention not having no place to put them, or having a very upset husband I would post them here.
I love the modern twist on these hurricanes vases.
These ceramic platters are so cute and summery! I think these outdoor pillows are great but I would love them even more in a few other bright colors. I wish they came in bright blue, yellow, green, coral, turquoise, or red. I love this rug and I think it adds the perfect pop of color to any room. I love how these panels are sheer yet the circle pattern adds just enough to keep them from being too plain. This book is on my wish list no matter where it comes from! I love something like this to soften and add texture to any space.
I thought I would switch it up and do something different today. A few of you have mentioned wanting to get to know me better so I thought I would do a post on the things I'm loving right now.
The top 10 things I can't live without:
1. I have been getting a lot of use out of my jean shorts. They are perfect for running errands and staying cool yet still stylish.
2. Here is something that will always be on my list because it's something I can't live without. Coffee. I start my day with a steaming cup and if you know me, you know it's best not to try to talk to me until I have had at least a few sips.
3. Another thing that will always be on my list is my Macbook Pro. I love it and wouldn't be able to live without it. Okay, maybe but I wouldn't be happy about it.
4. I am in love with Lollia lotions, right now especially the Inspire scent.
5. I am lovin' these sea glass lamps from Crate and Barrel. I just wish I had a place for them in my home!
6. I am about to show what a big nerd I am right now....I am in love with the Harbor Master game on my iphone. You move boats in and out of the harbor and it is addicting. It's free....download it and let me know if you don't get hooked!
7. I am lovin' OPI's That's HOT! pink on my toes for the summer. It's the perfect beach color.
8. One of my favorite treats is Jamba Juice. I would drink it everyday if I could!
9. Summer has arrived in South Florida, which means that I do not leave home without sunglasses. I got an early birthday gift from my mother in law of Michael Kors Aviators and I love them.
10. Z Gallerie is one of my favorite stores to head to when I need inspiration. I ran across these coasters and think they are so glam but functional at the same time. I think I need them.
I hope that you have enjoyed getting to see a glimpse into my life. What can you not live without right now?
Happy Monday.....or maybe those two words don't go together. Either way I hope everyone had a nice weekend! Jacob and I had a weekend with the perfect mix of fun and friends, mixed with getting things accomplished, mixed with relaxation.
I thought I would share several images of furniture with nailhead trim. How do you all feel about it? I think one piece in a room can really look polished and sophisticated.
I ran across the website Modern Chic Home a few weeks ago. Have you all ever heard of it? I don't usually consider myself a modern decor fan but I wanted to take a look because of a project I'm working on with a friend who loves modern. Anyway, there are a few things that I really like.
How cute is this summery tablecloth? It's very Anthropologie but about half the price at only $42.
And I love these platters, which are only $25 a piece.
I think this jewelry stand is really cute too. ($44)
I love the geometric pattern of this pillow, which comes in a few other colors ($75)
This accent table is awesome! ($325( I think this rug would be cute to add a splash of color in a kitchen or as a doormat. ($195) I love this owl, which is called the baby owl b/c there is a much more plump mama owl ($12) And I will leave you with another geometric pillow that I love ($75)
I was lucky enough to score a wing back chair yesterday so today the hunt for fabric to cover it is on! I can't wait to share before and after pictures.