Thursday, August 26, 2010

Idea Boards

Happy Friday!
I hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend. It's hard to believe it's almost September! Today I linked up my DIY Headboard over at the Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday party. Click here to check out what other creative ideas people have come up with this week!

Today I wanted to share a few idea boards I have come up with in the last few days. This client lives in an older condo that needs a spruce up! She recently took out the popcorn ceilings and painted the walls a calming shade of blue, as well as bought a new brown sofa. She wanted a feminine/vintage feel to the space.

This first idea board played off a rosey-pink color she wanted to pull in, which was inspired by a painting she loves.
The second idea board was a revision to add a bit more color as it seems the pink wasn't what she wanted after all. A few quick changes and it feel like a different space.
Other than her living room, my client also needed help with her dining room, which is an adjoining space painted the same shade of blue. Hanging from the ceiling is an antique chandelier of her grandma's, which adds such charm! I suggested a neutral gray curtain and a black pedestal table while we paint the existing wood cane chairs she has white. Another word she used to describe the feel she wanted in her home was funky. I thought the orange fabric on the chair seats would accomplish a this eclectic feel, while still remaining sophisticated.
Do you need an idea board? I offer different levels of boards including one like you see above all the way up to one with very specific details as to where to buy each piece. I will also work within your budget to accomplish a look you love!

Contact me for more information

Have a great day!

Emily


2 comments

previous next