Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jane Coslick

Good afternoon all!
I'm getting a late start on the blog but not because I have forgotten about you all. Our family left today and I have been knee deep in emails and getting caught up.

One thing my brother and I were discussing last night was how even though it hurts to be so far from home (Ohio) we have been fortunate to live a few very fun places. Atlanta was the first, then New Jersey with NYC in our backyard, and now South Florida with the beach 15 minutes away. A lot of time when we do have visitors of course they're coming to see us but also they're coming to get away and have a bit of a vacation.

A lot of images that scream vacation and rest to me are from designer Jane Coslick. If you aren't familiar with Jane please check out her work here and her blog here.

These images are only a small portion of Jane's work:









I love Jane's use of color and yet how she embraces white at the same time. Jane is a Georgia native with a few properties on Tybee Island off the coast of Savannah, which is where Jacob and I got engaged. Tybee will always hold a special place in our hearts.

I will leave you with a quote from Jane found here

There’s just something about having a piece in a room and knowing you won’t walk into the neighbor’s house and find the same thing, so surround yourself with objects you love. Don’t outfit your house to please the general public. If you would marry it, buy it.

Emily

Post a Comment

previous next